December 13, 2011
In a collapse situation, it stands to reason that we may find ourselves without pharmaceutical medications. Pharmaceutical manufacture is a complex process involving a lot of chemicals (just see Dr. Bones articles on How to Make Penicillin or the formula for Insulin if you don’t believe me). Therefore, certain medical issues, which had relied upon these drugs, will require some form of natural treatment.
Garlic is an amazing natural medicine. It is known to be antibacterial, anti-fungal, and an immune stimulant. Garlic remedies (at least the best ones) use fresh crushed organic cloves. Used in a tea or mixed with raw, unprocessed honey, garlic has been associated with lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, and even regulating blood sugar levels.
Bacteria exposed to garlic remedies have been proven NOT to produce resistant “super-bug” strains. Antibiotic resistant organisms are becoming more and more prevalent, due to big agri-business indiscriminately using over 80% of antibiotics used today. For new or mild infections, it may be a better choice to try a natural remedy.
Garlic is versatile. For internal bacterial or fungal infections, or for respiratory congestion ( to decrease tissue inflammation) use a garlic tea, or a honey garlic syrup. For prevention or treatment of external wound infections, use: cool compresses of garlic tea ( without the lemon juice); or honey garlic syrup or garlic oil, in place of a triple antibiotic ointment. Cover the wound or laceration with sterile gauze or dressing, after applying the syrup or oil. Change the covering and reapply the garlic syrup or oil once or twice daily.
Vaginal yeast infections may be cured by using a single peeled clove of garlic wrapped in a gauze and placed inside of the vagina for 8-12 hours. Remove the gauze and garlic, then place a new gauze wrapped garlic. Repeat this for 2 days. Vaginal itching can be treated with either a moist cool compress with lavender and/or tea tree essential oil added, or by sitting in a shallow warm bath of water with a few drops of the same essential oils for 15 minutes.
Ear infections have been cured with a slice of fresh garlic clove wrapped in gauze and placed just inside of the ear. Cover the ear with a cotton ball and secure gently with a piece of paper tape. Change the garlic and gauze every 6-8 hours, until the earache is gone.Here’s how to make garlic tea:
Garlic tea recipe:
1. 4 cups of filtered, boiled water, and allowed to cool slightly
2. Add 4-5 cloves of finely chopped or crushed organic garlic
3. Add fresh lemon juice and/or raw, unprocessed honey to taste
4. Drink 3-4 cups daily, either warm or cold, but do not re-boil the solution ( it will stop the healing properties)
Honey Garlic Syrup recipe:
1. Crush 1/2- 1 clove garlic and place on a tablespoon
2. Pour raw, unprocessed honey onto the spoon
3. Ingest the spoonful of honey garlic syrup, every 4-6 hours, as needed. Natural remedies will have to take up the slack if modern medical care and drugs are not available. Learn how to use garlic and other natural substances; you can grow them yourself, and they’ll be another weapon in your medical arsenal if times get tough.